I never really fucked with eggplants since by default it’s very sour and I always thought some proper cooking is needed to make it edible. By proper I mean more than 30min. with more than 3 ingredients. But I saw the light this week. I made a satisfying eggplant+mozzarella+tomato combo once in the past off Tasty recipe but this is even simpler.
- 2-3 eggplants
- One tomato
- Cut eggplant in half, lengthwise. Then make grid-like incisions into the meat but don’t cut the skin.
- Put salt on it and let it sit for 40-60min. (if left longer, that’s fine)
- Drain and wipe any juice from the eggplant using paper towels.
- Cut tomato into tiny cubes and stuff them into eggplant incisions
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C. Put eggplants on the baking sheet and into the oven for 30-45min.